It’s time to answer 10 of the most commonly asked Sage 200 Document Management questions.
We’ve always touted ourselves as the “Good Sage Guys to Deal With”. A big part of this ethos is our passion for helping everyone understand all things, Sage. From the solution itself to the various topics surrounding it, we’re happy to help.
The “10 Questions On…” series is designed to answer all of your questions in an easy, accessible manner.
The premise is simple: we take 10 of the most commonly asked questions about the solutions we provide and various topics surrounding them and give you the answers in a simple and approachable way.
In this instalment of the series, we will be looking at Sage 200 Document Management.
NOTE: This article is solely concerned with core document management of sending receiving and filing. Document Recognition is a separate topic; we’ll be covering that in 10 Questions soon.
1. What does Sage 200 Document Management do?
They allow you to distribute your documents across all departments in your organisation electronically. They also allow you to extend your documents beyond the standard Sage templates, by adding your company logo and branding, promotional offers, and “Pay Now” buttons for invoices.
2. What are the best solutions for Sage 200 document management?
PKF Smith Cooper Systems has been working in partnership with Draycir for more than a decade. Spindle Document Capture offers an all-around solution for document management, integrated with Sage 200, and with documents visible for non-Sage users too.
3. What are the benefits of using Sage 200 Document Management?
- Reduce human error in processing, sending, receiving and filing documents
- Deliver documents and retrieve files quicker
- Digital delivery and storage, meaning you’re HMRC compliant
- Eliminate paper storage costs
- Remove the risk of missing or lost documents
4. Do the solutions work with iOS and Android?
As part of Draycir’s Spindle family of products, Spindle Document Capture’s free mobile app for iOS and Android allows you to capture photos of documents on the road. These are then transferred to Sage 200 automatically, in a PDF format.
5. Are the solutions compatible with email software?
Yes – Spindle’s Document Distribution add-on is compatible with the following email solutions:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2000
- Gmail and Yahoo! using SSL through SMTP
- Tobit David 6.6 / David XL / David Zehn
- SMTP compliant mail server
- Lotus Notes 6,7,8
6. What are the server requirements for using Sage 200 document management solutions?
- 1 Ghz Intel-compatible processor
- 4 GB of memory
- 3 GB free disk space
- Internet Explorer 9 or above
- SQL Server 2008 or above (incl. SQL Express 2008 or above)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) v7 or greater (IIS v7.0 and v7.5 will require the following hotfix to be applied – KB980368.)
- IIS and ASP.NET Modules – setup instructions
- Windows Authentication role service to be able to use Windows Authentication on IIS – setup instructions
7. How much does a solution cost?
From the Sage marketplace, under a User license, Spindle Document Management costs £348 per year. For a View Only user, it’s £144 per year.
8. Can these solutions be used by non Sage 200 users?
Yes! Spindle Document Management’s Document Search tool can be used by both Sage 200 users and non-accounting staff to view documents, giving greater accessibility to other departments.
9. How do the solutions look after sensitive information?
Sage 200 document management solutions minimise the risk of document fraud by allowing you to protect documents with both passwords and/or digital signatures.
10. What industries can benefit from using document management solutions?
If your company already uses Sage 200, then a document management solution will be suitable for them. Every business – from bakeries to bricklayers – has to deal with documents. A document management solution can streamline these processes and save you time.
That’s it for this post – stay tuned for the next in the series.
To enquire about how a Document Management solution can help your business work smarter, call 01332 959008 or contact us using the enquiry form.
Interested to know more about our Sage solutions?
Call 01332 959008 or enquire online today
"*" indicates required fields