When it comes to the world of Sage and its add-ons, the amount of choice can leave you baffled.
Even when it comes to products we deal with at PKF SCS, there are lots of options. So to break them down, we will be spotlighting a product once a month.
As the name implies, each post will introduce a specific product, showing who it’s best suited for and its features, amongst other things.
This time, we’re looking at the Sicon Manufacturing suite of modules.
What does it do?
Sicon Manufacturing includes modules for bespoke manufacture (Project costing) and high volume repeat production manufacture (Works Order Processing). The solution can be configured for either requirement, or a complex mix of the two.
- Works Order Processing – simplified stock allocation and issuing process; amend works orders during assembly.
- Material Planning – create suggested works orders and purchase orders, and daily running balances for every stock item that feeds the material planning process
- Shop Floor Data Capture – allows real-time capture of operation progress and elapsed times
- Resource & Capacity Planning – create schedules for machine capacity, daily works order lists and visual schedules.
What problems does it solve?
Shop Floor Data Capture (SFDC)
- Time captured from an Operation is stored in a centralised timesheet, which can also be populated from other Sicon solutions, such as Sicon Approvals and Sicon Projects. This means users only have to record their activities on one system throughout the day.
- Mobile integration – a handheld Android device can connect directly with Sage 200, letting users add and change details from wherever they are in a warehouse
Works Order Processing
- Reduced manual errors and more efficient order completion as all components are in a single list
- Full traceability – information and reports are available in real time within Sage 200
Resource & Capacity
- Avoids stock-outs due to order surges
- Efficient capacity planning at every stage, including labour, and machine resources
- No lost sales or cancelled contracts from underestimating materials
- Less money spent on waste or storage from overestimating materials
What if you don’t use Sage 200?
As Sicon add-ons have been curated for, and sit seamlessly within, Sage 200, you will need to have a Sage 200 system to utilise them.
If you don’t use Sage 200, we have the knowledge and the capability to migrate your current solution to Sage. You can find out more about it here.
If you would like to discuss the Sicon Manufacturing Suite in more detail, please call 01332 959 008 or fill out the enquiry form.
Interested to know more about our Sage solutions?
Call 01332 959008 or enquire online today
"*" indicates required fields